Coaching and Workshops
“Robert is one of the most personable and knowledgeable people we’ve worked with. His ability to connect with young people, his enthusiasm for a cappella, and his flexibility make him an excellent choice for an adviser. I can’t say enough wonderful things. He will truly make your group BETTER.”
– Denise Childers, Director, LPHS Unplugged
Over the years I have had the pleasure of presenting workshops and working with groups all over the United States, as well as internationally in Canada and Singapore! Some workshops I have presented include:
- A Cappella Arranging (Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced)
- Vocal Percussion (Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced)
- Movement as a Rehearsal Tool
- Solo Delivery, and Connecting with an Audience
- Set List Planning
- Album Production and Visioning
Below is a video of my presentation on Vocal Percussion/Beatboxing as part of a series of lectures presented by the School of Music and the Arts (SOMA) in Singapore. As part of the series, I also presented a half-day intensive lecture on A Cappella Arranging, during which I facilitated a cooperative class arrangement.
Here is the promotional video that I did to advertise the workshop.
If you are:
- Putting together a choral or a cappella festival or seminar and looking for instructors…
- Planning a set for the ICCAs, or another vocal competition, and need a set of experienced outside ears to help maximize the impact of your music…
- Looking to introduce your choral students to new possibilities in vocal music…
- In search of new ideas or energy in your regular rehearsals…
I can help!
For any of my services related to coaching or workshopping, please contact me, and let me know what I can do for you! For more information about my background and experience please see my resume on my bio page!